Core6 GRP Pultruded grating offers a fast, safe and effective flooring solution to high load capacity access areas. Pultruded grating is manufactured by glass fibres being pulled through a resin bath. Its is then heated to cure the pultruded shape. Load bearing bars are drilled to accommodate the interlocking tie bars. Both bars are then assembled in a jig and bonded together to make the finished panel of grating.
This manufacturing process produces parts that are generally 65% fibreglass and 35% resin (by weight). As a result, this process produces the strongest composite gratings which are often specified in high traffic areas.
- Corrosion resistant
- Slip resistant – anti skid surface
- Light weight – Density 4 times less than steel
- Low maintenance (no rusting, no painting)
- Non-conductive – does not carry electric current
- Radio Frequencies (FR) and Electromagnetic transparency
- Aesthetic appealing
- Impact resistant
- UV resistant
- Easy to cut and fabricated – hand cutting tools required only
- Lowest in life cycle cost